Member - This one's just short for Remember, but it's still cute.
- "You said I could have a treat after I ate all my lunch, member?"
Yabecause - This is said all as one word. She uses it when she's looking for an excuse to get out of something. Not only that, but it's usually used in the completely wrong way. (Is there actually a wrong way to use made-up words?)
- me: "It's time for bed."
- her: "Yabecause, I want to watch a movie."
- me: "You already watched one. Now it's time for bed."
- her: "Yabecause..... (thinking really hard, looking around her room for something, anything, to ask for...) I want another drink."
- me: "Okay, one more drink.... (gets another drink, tucks her in - again) Go to sleep!"
- her: (two minutes later) "Mom!"
- me: "Go to sleep!" (trying to maintain the sweet voice, despite my desire to duck tape her to the bed)
- her: "Yabecause, I can't fall asleep..."
Begot - It's amazing how many times she can use this one.
- "Mom, we begot to have a vitamin."
- "Mom, we begot to have a treat."
- "Mom, we begot to play the game."
Then, of course, I like to point out how she "begot" to say "forgot".
Lasterday - This is her most recent word, and one I thought was pretty unique. Until I looked it up on the good old web. It's not actually a word, but it's used a lot. Urban Dictionary has several: