Friday, June 22, 2012

Help...A Call for Books!

I need help...

From you!!!

I'm begging...

I need great book recommendations!!!

You see, I have this problem...

I have this huge work project, with a short deadline. My best recipe for productive work time is to have a really good audio book playing on my ipod. And with this big work project, I have to focus on, you know... work, instead of getting distracted with, oh...browsing the internet...cough, (Pintrest) cough... 

But when I sit at my computer for hours on end, and don't have a good audio book to listen to, I tend to get distracted.

So, tell me what great books you've read lately, and I'll see if they're available on an audio book.

Great books, not okay ones!

Books you couldn't put down!

Books you accidentally missed your daughter's dance recital or your son's soccer tournament game because you got lost in another chapter.

Please...............


7 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Kim dear, I just posted a few (8) on KSl that my mom had given to her and didn't need. you are welcome to borrow any of them...but I'm not sure if any of them are good or not!!!
I also listed them on my FaceBook......

Unknown said...

Two that I have loved lately- The Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley & Caller ID, by Rachelle Christensen. I don't know if the are available on audiobooks, but I can come read to you while you work!
Two of our favs that are on audio books: A Long Way from Chicago & A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck. I could listen to them over & over. Let us know what you listen to!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa - Are they audio books? If I'm in that area, I'll call you and see if you still have them.

Corrine - The first two were not available on audio, but I put the other two on hold at the library. Thanks!

Jamie said...

The Help is wonderful. I read the second half in one sitting. Gone (and sequels) by Michael Grant is a favorite of mine and David. Anything by Clive Cussler is great, and they are really common among audiobooks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie! The Gone series looks interesting, but it's not available in audio. I've never read any of Clive Cussler, I'll check him out!

MTeacress said...

The Graveyard Book, Moonrakers Bride, 11 Birthdays, Dark Life, Dreamhouse Kings, The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, and When You Reach Me are all good ones. :)

Anonymous said...

I can feel my work load getting easier by the book! Thanks MTeacress!!!