Friday, December 11, 2009

Fifty Thousand

I just reached a new mile marker, pushing past the 50,000 word mark. I'm excited about where the story is going, and have enjoyed watching, as it unfolds. I have always known how it will end, but getting there has been an adventure for even me.

My original goal was to finish my first draft by my birthday, in February. Now I keep thinking that I would love to have it done by the New Year. It sounds crazy, and I don't know if I can pull it off. I know that it won't be full length by then (around 80,000-90,000 words), but it's just a first draft, right? I have a lot of revising to do, as well as some major character building.

But for now, I plan to just keep hammering on the keyboard, and not look back. Revisions are what next year is for.

2010: Here I come!

2 comments:

Lance said...

If there is one thing I know about Kim Coates it is that she always achieves and surpasses her goals. I know you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Shucks! Thanks "Lance".