Monday, December 7, 2009

Optimistic Mondays – Christmas Shopping

I am not a shopper. I don’t get a thrill out of being in a crowd of people, all racing to the back of the store for the same item. I don’t think it sounds like fun to get up at 3:00 a.m. to get a good deal at one store, and then racing on to the next. Not even if it’s an amazing deal. I don’t like waiting in long lines, just so I can purchase my cart full of “Great Deals”. The idea of people fighting over who gets into the toy store first, amazes me. I think that maybe, just maybe, those people have lost the Spirit of Christmas.

Some people thrive on the excitement of Christmas shopping. Good for them, unless they were the ones throwing the punches, or pushing some poor elderly woman out of the way.

So what do I love about Christmas shopping? The fact that I always get done early. I never have to go out and fight the crowds, or the weather. It’s true that I don’t always get an amazing deal on what I buy, but I’m okay with that.

I start thinking about Christmas gifts in the summertime. When I find something I like, I get it. And that way, I don’t have to worry about how I’m going to pay for everyone’s gifts at the same time, which makes it nice on the budget.

And I get to spend the month of December enjoying the season. What could be better than that?

Happy Monday

No comments: