Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Upcoming Book Academy Conference

As writers one of the most common things we are encouraged to do is attend writers conferences. In them we meet authors, gain knowledge, network with other writers, and get a free lunch. Okay, so we paid for the lunch in the registration fee but still!

I love attending conferences. I always promise myself that I will be outgoing. That I will seek new friends, start lively conversations, ask inspired questions, and maybe even motivate someone newer to the writing world than myself. I promise myself that I will not hide in the corner.

Easier said then done.

It's hard to meet new people. It's hard to put yourself out there. But...

It's important to do it.

And I'm going to try it again.

I'm going to the Book Academy Writer's Conference on September 30th, 2010.
It's at UVU, in Orem Utah. For details check out their website.

It's just over two weeks away. That's enough time to line up a sitter, take the day off, and enjoy a day surrounded by other writers like you.

Early registration is open until this Thursday, September 16th. The conference is only $49 until that date, then it goes up to $59.

Are any of you going? I'd love to see you there!

4 comments:

Don said...

I will be there! Watch for me, and I'll watch for you.

I have to say that meeting new people and making new friends is one of the hardest, yet most fulfilling part of conferences.

And then after a number of conferences, the challenge is to make sure and say hi to all of the old friends while being open to making new ones.

Heather Moore said...

I'll be there too!

Annette Lyon said...

I'll be there too! It'll be great to see you again.

Rebecca said...

Oh! I SO wish I could go to that. Hmmm....