Friday, April 2, 2010

I Like It Hot

Random Tidbit about me: Week 2

When it comes to food, I like it hot. Or cold. Never luke warm.

My husband and I have very different opinions on when our food is hot. I like my hot chocolate to be just that: Hot. Once it's cooled down, even just a little, it is not longer appealing to me. However, when I make some for him, he lets it cool down for a good five minutes before trying it. By that point, mine is already gone.

The same goes for soup. Luke warm soup tastes terrible to me. It's not uncommon for me to re-heat mine halfway through the meal. It's the way I like it. He just looks at me and shakes his head, then blows on his own before taking a spoonful.

There are, however, some things that should be served cold. Take ice cream for example. I like my ice cream to be good and cold. It's better that way.

I few days ago my family was having ice cream for dessert. I pulled the container out of the freezer, so it would soften a little. (I like it cold, but not rock hard.) When my 3 year old daughter asked to have some, I told her it had to warm up first.

She said, "But Mom, I like it cold."

I guess she has preference on food temperature too.

3 comments:

Rachael Anderson said...

Your crazy! I'm with your hubby on this one. :) It's been fun getting to know you in our writers group. Thanks for finding me and now I'm following you too!

Andrea :) said...

I prefer lukewarm. I like to be able to eat my food without burning my tongue :P
I like my ice cream soft enough I can scoop a spoonful -- like a really think milkshake.

Lance said...

How funny!!! Lance and I are the same as you and Todd. If the hot chocolate or soup doesn't burn my tounge on the first taste. Bleh!