Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Technical Difficulties

I'm a somewhat average person when it come to technical knowledge. I'm not quite a beginner anymore, but FAR from knowing exactly what I'm doing. I think a majority of us are in that boat.

So with that in mind, please forgive me for the technical difficulty I've caused for myself, and possible you as well.

You see, I decided to change my email address. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but it was the very email address I have associated with the blogging world. It was my gmail account.

Why would I change it? That is a very long (and somewhat embarrassing) story. Mostly, I didn't like it. Ninety-nine percent of the people I know never even saw the email name, because I used my yahoo account for my correspondence. But I always had to log-in with the old one, and I hated it.

Anyway, I've created a new account. I figured out how to transfer my own blogs to the new gmail account, not loosing anything, including my list of followers.

I even exported my google reader list from my old account into my new account. (Wow, actually sound like I know what I'm talking about.)

Then I deleted my old account. Bye Bye. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

But wait! I have now been removed as a follower from all of your blogs. Trust me, it's nothing personal. I didn't abandon you (on purpose, at least).

I thought I'd just go back in and re-push the follow button, under my new account.

Nope.

It seems I've been blocked from all your accounts.

I don't understand this, and I'm working on fixing it. I want to follow your blogs. Really.

I hope to be back soon. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?


3 comments:

MTeacress said...

HaHa! I think I'm in the same boat, but I just don't want to do anything about it. You sound like you know what you're doing, just like you said. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm utterly clueless. =[ I'm sorry.

Annette Lyon said...

Sometimes Blogger has techno-hiccups. Let's just hope it fixes itself soon!