Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Test Drive

I've recently gone on a test drive. It wasn't anything as cool as this car though. Truthfully, I'd be scared to death to drive something like that.

No, my test drive was of more unpleasant things. I've taken procrastination for a test drive.

The result? I do not like it.

I'm not usually a procrastinator. I like to plan ahead, and challenge myself to beat my own goals.

Today, I sit two days away from the writers conference I've been looking forward to for the last six months, and I'm not ready. Time sure does move quickly when you procrastinate.

If I survive the next few days, and make it through the conference alive, I plan to get back to my non-procratination days. They are not for me.

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

Maybe I'm rubbing off on you too much! ;)
Good luck!

MTeacress said...

I know exactly what you mean! I think we'll have a good old time anyway. We should probably get used to the feeling of not moving along as fast as we'd like. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a terrible procrastinator. Sometimes it serves me well by giving me a deadline to force myself back into action. Most of the time it makes for some hectic days!