Monday, March 14, 2011

Love of Learning

I love to learn new things. So bad, in fact, that I take too many new things on and cannot stay focused on any of them long enough to actually learn something. It's a problem I've always had, but never really been able to change.

I love to learn new things!

(To be perfectly clear, I consider this different from loving change. That, I'm not so good at. Like when your computer system gets upgraded and you have no idea how to do the same thing you were good at yesterday.)

But, back to learning...

Things I want to learn:

  • Great storytelling
  • Public speaking
  • Will power (when it comes to food)
  • Spanish
  • Sign language
  • Cake decorating (thanks to you - Laura!)
  • First aide
  • How to fast forward through potty training
  • Patience (though I am NOT praying for this, as I do not want to learn it that way!)
  • Better time management (all my friends think I'm an expert at this. I have them all fooled!)
That's to name a few. I'd bore you if I continued.

It's a pretty good list. I want to do those things. But how?

The best way would probably be to pick one at a time and focus. Focus. FOCUS!!!

Or  you could go with this method:

"The best way to become acquainted with a subject is to write a book about it."
-Benjamin Disaeli



What do you want to learn?

* * * * *

Today's writing quote was taken from The Write Planner, my day planner designed for writers. To learn more about The Write Planner, click here

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

I desperately need to learn how to manage my time and not procrastinate!
Yeah, maybe tomorrow, or next week will work out. . .

Tiffany said...

Well I think you're ahhmazing!! There are SO many things I want to learn too, and one of mine is also to learn how to manage my time and not procrastinate....

Kelli said...

I also want to learn to make amazing cakes. I have petitioned Laura to teach a class!
I learned a lot last year so I don't think I have anymore space in my brain to learn this year.