Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Draft - Check!

I just wrote the final words of my first draft. I’m done. It feels weird to say. I’m done! I’ve written a novel. I’ve heard people talk about how exciting it is to write “The End”, once they arrive at that point. For me, it was definitely exciting. And a little unreal. And slightly dizzying. But I haven’t been able to stop smiling since.

It came in at 77,500 words. I wonder how many of those original words I will be able to keep, as I go threw the process of revising and editing. I have a lot more work ahead. But today, I’m celebrating.


4 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations. I am proud of you.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Today is your day! You're off to great places. You're off and away!
Way to go! Mark that goal off. Hooray!

elizabeth mueller said...

Yippee! Congratulations on a new born baby! I am so happy for you!

Thank you for your comments on my "Aspiring Authors" post. I appreciate your honesty with me and with yourself.

I know what you mean.

There have been times when I have been so honest and so myself when I post comments that I wonder for hours if it was the right thing to do because I don't want to be judged or criticized. (Even with the stuff I post on my blog!)

Kim, if you live in Utah, we aught to get together and celebrate the birth of your new novel! I am so excited for you! Mine was born December 20, 12:34 AM!

giddymomof6 said...

Wow! You've done what only three percent of people in the world actually do--finish a book! Congratulations! That in itself is SO awesome! The best thing you can do now is LOVE LOVE LOVE edits! LOL! I love them because every time I get to rewrite my books, I fall in love all over again--plus all those edits make it that much closer to perfection!
Northanger Alibi (Has already gone through 9 rewrites... and still counting)
Jenni James