Monday, January 25, 2010

Optimistic Mondays – Goodbye to Yesterday

Next week, I’m going to turn 30. I am not anxious, nervous, or embarrassed about it. I’m looking forward to many things in my 30’s. I’ll do a post about that next week. I even have a mission statement. ;) You’ll have to wait until next week to find out what it is. Today I want to focus on all the things I did and learned during my 20’s.

I’ve Learned:

1. To never say never.

2. To avoid spending time with negative people.

3. It’s an amazing feeling to create something from nothing.

4. My best ideas often come to me when I’m in the shower.

5. I have, and can use, willpower.

6. Potty training is GREAT birth control.

7. How to make bread, and can jam.

8. To never try to finish the laundry, or take out all the garbage. No matter how hard you try, once you turn around, there’s always more.

9. Chocolate makes my clothes shrink.

10. Life can sometimes be hard, but it’s oh-so worth it!

I learned that I want to be a writer. I’ve learned to limit myself, and enjoy my blessings. I’ve learned to cherish good friends. I learned that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Most importantly, I learned the joy of becoming a mother to two of the most wonderful children sent from Heaven.

As I look back on the last 10 years of my life, I’m okay with saying goodbye. I accomplished a lot of good things, but look forward to the new phase ahead.

Bring on 30! I’m ready.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Kala said...

1st off...I can't believe you posted at 6 AM!!!! wow!!!
Next I always said People get more interesting with age. It is so true.
The longer I've known you, the more I love you!!! You are awesome my dear. It is wonderful that you can see all that you have learned. What a wonderful decade you had. Here's to the next decade... may it be just as wonderful. =]

Andrea :) said...

I love your list! I'm glad I'm not the only one who embraces their age ;)
Welcome to the next decade! I can't wait to see what it will bring. :D

J.R. Johansson said...

Great list! As a 31-year-old, let me tell you... 30's rock! :) Enjoy every minute of it and early Happy Birthday!

Jenn's Blogdom :)

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hi Kim!

Wonderful post! LOL--I am very interested on how potty training makes a good birth control.

Being in my 30s has been a very good thing. My 20s were fumbling and getting to know me. I know that's what the teens are for, but being a teenager is figuring who you are, being 20 is figuring how you fit into life, being 30 is figuring how to enjoy life. What does being 40 bring? (I am 35--eek!!!)
But you know what? I feel stronger, brighter and smarter. (Ahem, well, the more kids I have the less brain cells, so am I really smarter? I should say wiser!)

Luv ya!
:)