Next week, I’m going to turn 30. I am not anxious, nervous, or embarrassed about it. I’m looking forward to many things in my 30’s. I’ll do a post about that next week. I even have a mission statement. ;) You’ll have to wait until next week to find out what it is. Today I want to focus on all the things I did and learned during my 20’s.
1. To never say never.
2. To avoid spending time with negative people.
3. It’s an amazing feeling to create something from nothing.
4. My best ideas often come to me when I’m in the shower.
5. I have, and can use, willpower.
6. Potty training is GREAT birth control.
7. How to make bread, and can jam.
8. To never try to finish the laundry, or take out all the garbage. No matter how hard you try, once you turn around, there’s always more.
9. Chocolate makes my clothes shrink.
10. Life can sometimes be hard, but it’s oh-so worth it!
I learned that I want to be a writer. I’ve learned to limit myself, and enjoy my blessings. I’ve learned to cherish good friends. I learned that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Most importantly, I learned the joy of becoming a mother to two of the most wonderful children sent from Heaven.
As I look back on the last 10 years of my life, I’m okay with saying goodbye. I accomplished a lot of good things, but look forward to the new phase ahead.
Bring on 30! I’m ready.